Backyard Tiki Bar is the new and coolest way to enjoy a backyard barbecue. The backyard tiki bar is not just about having a place to set your cooler, it’s about the entire experience.
This post will feature 15 Some of the Coolest Concepts of How to Build Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas that you can use as ideas for your own backyard tiki bar. It will include everything from design ideas for outdoor living spaces, food and beverage recipes to make you feel like you are in paradise! This article will be perfect for anyone that wants an easy and fun way to produce a unique experience for their party or gathering with friends and family.
1. First, let’s begin with this lovely outdoor tiki bar design with aqua couches that give it that aquatic retro feel. Seen at Luxury Oasis
2. One of my favorite tiki themes is the lava tiki bar seen here at DIY Lava Tiki Bar. I love the color scheme and the tropical feel of this one!
3. This next design is my favorite. It has a great contemporary look and was done by Kelly Rae Roberts for Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams. What an amazing backyard tiki bar! I would love to have both of these back near my pool area!
4. This next design is a little different. It’s a cross between a tiki bar and a regular outdoor bar. See the great use of bamboo in this design by Matt at HGTV. It also has a great modern look with an exterior fireplace!
5. This next outdoor tiki bar was designed by Hanny Jivanian for Poshbrood. What an amazing, elegant-looking outdoor bar area! I love the color scheme and how she kept that tropical feel by incorporating the palm trees in her design!
6. Here we have another lovely backyard tiki bar created by Lowe’s Home Improvement. I love the low-key, beachy feel of this one.
7. Here is another great design that you can create for your outdoor tiki bar! This one was created by Shawn at Life Site. I love the modern look of the design, but the bamboo effect definitely gives it a more tropical feel!
8. This next backyard tiki bar is great because it is something you can use year after year! See how it came to life on Design Sponge. I love how simple and easy they made it so that even a novice builder could put one of these together.
9. Another great backyard tiki bar idea comes from Flipkey. It has a beautiful tropical feel to it which will really give you that Tahitian beach party idea!
10. Here you can see one created by the creative team over at The Craftsman Life. It has great bamboo accents and it’s also very simple to make.
11. This next backyard tiki bar design is a little different from the others because of its shape and design. You will have to check out the full post for more information on this design by Mark at A Plus Pool Supplies. I love how he integrated a waterfall in this one!
12. Here we have a fun one created by a group of friends from New York City. It incorporates pizza ovens which give it that homemade, rustic feel that we all love! I love the stone accents in this one as well!
13. Here is another great tiki bar design for pool parties. See how to create this one here at My Regal Gardens. I love the tropical feel this one has!
14. This next one is great because it does not require a lot of construction skills to put it together. You will have to check out the linked post for instructions on how to build your own tiki bar by A Beautiful Mess. I love the vintage feel of this tiki bar, especially with those amazing vintage hurricane lamps!
Tiki Hut Design Ideas My interior My interior within Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: myinterior.us
Q: How to Make Backyard Tiki Bar?
A: Here are 15 Some of the coolest concepts of backyard tiki bar ideas.
In case you don’t know, a backyard tiki bar can be a summertime oasis that provides a relaxing atmosphere to the outdoors. The following ideas will help you plan your own personal relaxation retreat.
1. Have an illuminated walkway leading up to it for easy access in the evening hours
2. Have a fire pit for outdoor fires and roasting marshmallows
3. Install lights and googly eyes to add personality and charm
4. Use red bricks for columns so they match other brickwork around your yard
5. Create a landscaping wall to create the most attractive landscaping around the area
6. Use bamboo to make it look more authentic
7. Be creative in making your own bar top so you can make it unique
8. Install a bamboo ladder for over-the-top access when in use
9. Hire a professional to install lights, speakers, and sound systems with one click on the remote control. This will signal your guests that fun is about to begin
10. Use rope lights in multiple colors for an eye-popping effect that will both warm up the atmosphere and add ambiance at nighttime
- Step 1: First, assemble all the materials you need in a large plastic trash bag.
- Step 2: Pick a location going with your favorite backyard. A corner can be a great choice for a tiki bar. Get help in digging the hole for the fire pit so you will have enough room in front of it for a nice size fire pit in case you decide to light up your bar at night time.
- Step 3: Next, prepare the natural brick that is available topper below with some cement and mortar mix. Then install it on top of the soil lining.
- Step 4: Now you need to find some bamboo sticks. Trim them to make them long enough to put together the tiki bar either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Make sure you measure your tiki bar carefully before picking some bamboo. You don’t want it too short that you won’t be able to access it easily or too long that it will take up lots of space.
- Step 5: Once you have selected your bamboo sticks, assemble them together in any design you like with rope and help of two people if possible.
- Step 6: Next, you need to paint both sides of bamboo sticks with your favorite choice of color. Make sure you do not skip this step. The key to an authentic tiki bar is the vibrant colors you will see during late-night parties.
- Step 7: Before installing the tiki bar, be sure to install landscape blocks or some bricks around it so it can be recognized as part of your yard even if you cover up the tiki bar entirely.
- Step 8: After installation, clean up all the excess concrete and mortar mix from both sides of the tiki bar. This will secure the secure hold for its relatively strong construction.
Q: How to make a simple Tiki Bar?
A: One of the easiest ways to make a tiki bar is to use an existing palapa, which is a traditional thatched-palm thatched roof that can be found in Tahiti and other South Pacific islands. The “Tiki” name came from this particular type of beach hut.
Q: What size palapa do I need? I’m not sure what size palapa will fit my yard and the space I have available.
A: You should start with a minimum of 15′ wide by 15′ deep, and about 10 feet high so the top of the roof beams will be at least 4′ above ground level.
Q: What tools will I need?
A: Some basic tools you will need are a circular saw, power drill, tape measure, shovel, and sand. Other than that you can add to your collection of tools with any of the following: level, hammer, screwdrivers and nails. It might also be helpful to have some saw horses or some old sawhorses around for support when building the palapa.
Q: What is Tiki Bar?
A: Tiki Bar or Polynesian-themed bar, is usually a bar that is often showing the signs of Polynesian culture. It is usually found in Hawaii but can be found throughout the world. Tiki bars are usually decorated with carvings and statues of Hawaiian gods and goddesses, and depictions of Polynesian art. The drinks served at a Tiki bar include many tropical drinks such as Mai Tais, Zombies, and Scorpion Bowls. A wide variety of flavors and serving sizes is available in most modern bars. A large number of textures in these drinks contributes to their popularity.
Q: How do I figure out how much decking and flooring material to buy?
A: First you need to figure out your measurements in feet and inches for both your decking and flooring. You can use this calculator to convert feet and inches into decimal measurements.
Q: How to choose the Coolest Concepts of Backyard Tiki Bar?
A: Look for inspiration in all the right places.
There are tons of cool backyard tiki bar ideas out there, so you have plenty of examples to draw inspiration from. Some of these ideas are really great. All you have to do is figure out how to take them and adapt them into your own backyard. You can also think about how you will use your tiki bar if you haven’t already figured it out yet. Ask yourself what you want your tiki bar to look like after it’s finished, and then look for some inspiration online or start sketching ideas yourself in a notebook or something.
Q: Where can I find the decking and flooring samples?
A: You can find some decking and flooring examples here and here. You can also look online at your favorite home improvement store.
Q: What is the average tiki bar price range?
A: Most tiki bars are relatively cheap to make. You can make one for as low as $200 or under. The most expensive tiki bars, however, like the ones found on private islands, can cost between $500,000 and up to $1,000,000 depending on how extravagant you want yours to be.
Q: How much does it cost to build a tiki bar?
A: A lot of factors go into the cost so there’s no way around it. The most expensive tiki bar was one that was built in the Caribbean somewhere.
Q: Where should I put the palapa?
A: You can place your palapa on a grassy area or you can place it right on the ground. If you want to build a covered area to sit and eat under, you might want to look into building a pergola like shown in the picture above. For more information about building a pergola, search for “how to build a pergola” or watch this great video.
Q: Why is there not enough soil to cover the floor of my palapa?
A: It’s the nature of a palapa to be a “platform” type structure. In other words, you will need to place something on top of it in order for you to be able to use it. This is because a palapa is built on top of pillars that will hold up the roof of your palapa. You will need something on top of the pillars for your roof to rest on, and then you will need some sort of material or flooring on top of whatever you have underneath your pillars.
Q: When is the best time to build a backyard tiki bar?
A: There is no best time to build a tiki bar. It can be built at any time of year, depending on your situation and what you are looking for.
Q: How to build Palapa?
A: Palapas are structures common in the Caribbean. They were used by pirates to carry out their raids, although most people associate them with beach resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean. Traditionally made structures, there are many modern materials that can be used in their construction today. If you would like to learn how to make one of these structures, there is a great tutorial on DIY Network that is very helpful.
Q: Why do I need a barstool?
A: You need a single or two stools for a backyard tiki bar. Don’t get the idea from watching “Cheers” that all you have to do is get one of those plastic bucket stools from your local dollar store. Once you have them, you’ll understand why they are so expensive at restaurants and clubs.
Q: Can you show me how to build my own palapa?
A: A palapa is going to be a morita style structure. You can visit this blog to veiw some great palapa instructions on how to build them. If you’re interested in purchasing plans to build your own, however, you can order them online from the Palapa Plans Store.
Q: What is the difference between Polynesian Architecture and tiki culture?
A: The Pali Eta (Pronounced like the first letter of the Greek alphabet) is an architectural style that was introduced to many Polynesian islands by Europeans who came during their expansion in the 16th century. The term ‘Tiki’ is used today to describe any tropical-themed bar, restaurant, or resort. e difficult project than it looks. The trick is making sure that your design will be structurally sound and stable enough to hold up all of the weight that the roof will be taking on.
Q: Who is suitable to use the backyard tiki bar?
A: People that enjoy tropical drinks, who want to entertain their friends and family on their deck or on the beach nearby, or who just like having fun. No matter what it is that makes your backyard tiki bar special, you should be able to enjoy it with friends and family.
Q: “How long does it take to build a Tiki Bar”
A: It takes patience, some imagination, and maybe some creativity; one of the most important things anyone can do when they decide to build a tiki bar is remembered to have fun! This will make building your backyard tiki bar much more enjoyable than doing something boring for nine months straight, which can get old after a while.
When we Are speaking about home decoration, we cannot overlook speaking about the Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas. Backyard — or the outside side of this home decoration, could be a good matter to redecorate. The idea of the backyard decoration will allow you to locate the right way to enhance its whole appearance.
It is important for you to redecorate the backyard. Some people make the backyard a different collecting place with their loved ones. With the sort of this Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas, we’re certain you could change the backyard
Perfect Home Tiki Bar Ideas Kimberly Porch And Garden Elegant within Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: kimberlyskyrmecasting.com
10 Inspiring Outdoor Bar Ideas The Family Handyman pertaining to Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: www.familyhandyman.com
Happy Hour 26 Photos Outdoor Ideas Outdoor Bar Stools Diy regarding 15 Some of the Coolest Concepts of How to Build Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: www.pinterest.com
Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Back Yard Custom Youtube Turismoestrategicoco for 15 Some of the Coolest Concepts of How to Build Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: turismoestrategico.co
Backyard Tiki Bars Luxury Patio Ideas Outdoor Bar Plans Made Around inside Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: www.bristolurnu.org
10 Inspiring Outdoor Bar Ideas The Family Handyman with Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: www.familyhandyman.com
Great Home Tiki Bar Ideas Kimberly Porch And Garden Elegant Home with regard to 15 Some of the Coolest Concepts of How to Build Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: kimberlyskyrmecasting.com
Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Mystical Designs And Tags regarding 15 Some of the Coolest Concepts of How to Build Backyard Tiki Bar Ideas Image Source: mysticaldesignsntags.blogspot.com